Vision and Values
We are a diverse community of schools whose vision is to work collaboratively together to provide the young people in our care with the knowledge, skills and qualities they need to make a positive difference in the world. We want all our pupils and staff to feel included, valued and supported, so that they are able to achieve more than they ever believed possible. Our schools will be schools of choice in their local areas, the wellbeing of our staff will be protected and our pupils will become scholars who are able to meet the challenges of the changing world – whatever those may be.
The shared values of the Scholars’ Education Trust family are summed up in our ACE:
- Achievement in academic, artistic, sporting, cultural and other forms with a focus on teaching and learning.
- Care for students, staff and others beyond the school community.
- Excellence in standards, manners, honesty, personal integrity and uniform.
The ACE underpins everything that we do and provides a secure basis for all we strive to accomplish.
- Develop school communities where staff, pupils and families are committed to SET’s educational vision
- Provide a common sense of educational purpose with a focus on outstanding teaching and learning
- Foster a culture of positive challenge and continual school improvement
- Offer an excellent educational experience so that every student feels included and valued in order to fulfil their potential
- Encourage a rich and dynamic range of learning opportunities for all pupils, both inside and outside the classroom
- Work in genuine partnership to strengthen schools and their communities
- Instil life enhancing values so that pupils leave school prepared for the ever-changing world
- Develop collaborative working practices to provide economies of scale and shared use of resources to benefit all.