At Priory Academy you will find our school an exciting place, where traditional values are combined with the latest technology to deliver a very effective and modern curriculum.
We are an outward looking, successful school that has served our local community for over 100 years. Relentless in our pursuit of excellence, our school has developed rapidly from a popular middle to an extended secondary school (9-16 years).
We seek to provide opportunities for all students and staff to reach their full potential. We strive for excellence by teaching and preparing our young people to have confidence, to accept and respond to challenges, to have an enduring passion for learning and to become independent thinkers with respect for themselves and others.
Our vision is underpinned by:
- Our school values
- High expectations of ourselves and others, in all dimensions of school life
- Inclusion and equality, which includes embracing and celebrating diversity
- Community and participation, for the common good
Our Key Aims
- To provide a safe, secure and happy learning environment
- To support and nurture enquiring minds and independent learners
- To establish a relevant, well-resourced and well-balanced curriculum
- To prepare our young people as global citizens
- To strive for excellence
Ian Bailey - Headteacher, Priory Academy