- Competitive packages and Burgundy book followed.
- Children of staff who have completed two years’ service in Scholars’ Education Trust may be admitted under Rule 4 of the school’s Admissions Policy.
- Staff within the Trust can register their children (up to the age of 4) with Best Friends, an independent nursery, located on the Samuel Ryder Academy and receive a 10% staff discount.
- Many teaching staff are provided with their own electronic devices such as laptops or an ipad.
- There are active Staff Associations in our schools with staff social events held regularly: for example, yoga, running clubs, cocktail evenings, staff wellbeing sessions, teachers’ book club, support staff book club and many more!
“I have worked at SJL for four years, gradually progressing from being a Cover Supervisor, through the Schools Direct training route and now teacher of History and RE.
There is always a genuinely positive feel to conversations with other staff members and everyone feels invested in the school community.
Students at SJL are absolutely fantastic, both in their attitude and behaviour. We are really lucky to have such an enthusiastic and friendly student population, making lessons a fun and happy place to be.”